About MainStreet Financial Planning:
MainStreet Financial Planning is an independent fee-only planning firm that provides financial planning services through a collaborative and educational approach. MainStreet was founded on the belief that unbiased financial planning advice should be accessible to everyone without product sales or investment management services.
Our approach to financial planning is unique, interactive, and flexible. Throughout our decades of experience in the financial planning industry, we have found that many people often fail to stick to their financial plan because it’s either too strict, complicated, or intimidating. Here at MainStreet, we’ve created our Money Roadmap planning process that goes beyond the traditional financial plan and creates an adjustable and engaging way for our clients to achieve their financial goals.
About the Position:
MainStreet Financial Planning is seeking a knowledgeable, passionate and growth-minded financial advisor to join their team of driven and energetic professionals. This will be a client-facing position and will primarily be responsible for supporting and growing a client base through providing world class financial planning services.
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who is passionate about financial planning, possesses extensive industry experience, is highly organized, and self-motivated. The candidate must be detail and service-oriented, able to organize and prioritize tasks while adhering to deadlines and abiding by the highest ethical standards.
This is a great opportunity for a CFP®, CPA or EA Professional in the Maryland/DC, SF Bay Area, or NYC areas (or virtual location if not present in MD/DC, SF Bay Area, or NYC) who is looking to learn in a collaborative and flexible environment. This position could be perfect for an experienced advisor who is ready to offload the operations/management portion of running their own practice and focus their energy on providing top-notch financial planning services to their clients. Other benefits and opportunities related to this position include:
- Gain valuable mentorship from established CFP® professionals and an energetic team of industry veterans
- Grow in a career that offers autonomy to excel in accordance with your strengths and skills, while affording freedom and flexibility of work-life balance
- Help break the traditional financial planning mold by working with a diverse group of clients through engaging in a time tested planning process
- Expose all areas of the financial planning process to your clients, including fact gathering, goal discovery, data analysis, recommendation creation, implementation, follow-up and motivation using MoneyGuidePro, RightCapital, and MyPlanMap among other programs
- Be an integral part of an already successful team and have the opportunity to bring new and innovative ideas/thoughts to the table
- Create, grow, and service a group of clients through the financial planning process
- Explain financial planning, tax and investment management concepts and strategies to clients through both written and oral communication
- Run financial planning projections, key reports, and performance analysis
- Lead client meetings, present financial planning recommendations, and become integrated into the client relationships
- Research and organize presentations of key financial planning topics
- Help clients implement recommendations in an efficient and timely manner by creating and monitoring MyPlanMap email action system
- Build and maintain personal branding through social media, podcasts, blogging, etc.
- Maintain a strong commitment to teamwork and contribute to the overall success of the company
- 5+ years of financial planning industry experience
- Preferred CFP®, CPA, or EA Professional
- Possess a team-oriented spirit and an ability to thrive through collaboration
- Ability to succeed in both a self-directed manner and a team environment is essential
- Aptitude for applying financial planning knowledge in real-life situations
- Excited to take on new challenges and adapt to change
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Empathy and high emotional intelligence in dealing with sensitive client issues
- Structured and self-driven to meet deadlines in a remote location environment (home office)
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Possess strong research and analytical skills
- Bonus points for MoneyGuidePro or tax preparation experience
Compensation & Perks:
- This will be a full-time W-2 position
- Base Salary of $70,000 – $75,000 depending on experience, plus benefits
- Embrace the team’s work hard / play hard mentality
- Option for on-site training in San Francisco, Maryland or Las Vegas offices
- Valuable mentorship and learning opportunities
- Remote work; conduct client meetings in a remote environment that’s productive and professional
- Please include a cover letter along with your resume. In your resume, please describe three unique qualities you possess as they relate to this position
- Prior to the application deadline of October 20th, along with attaching your resume and cover letter, please complete the questionnaire using this link.
- Applications will be accepted until October 20th. We will not be reviewing applications until that time.